Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Health Class Questions

Okay, this has NOTHING to do with politics, unless you want to go off on whose fault it is American education has gone down the porta-john...but these are a few of my sample test questions for my HEPE course. I thought I'd share them with you.

John wants to improve his overall physical fitness. Which of the following is NOT a component of physical fitness?
a. Strength
b. cardiovascular endurance
c. body height
d. motor skills

To live a life of “wellness,” Brad should _____.
a. do the very best he can, despite any weaknesses he may have
b. live a healthy lifestyle
c. try to improve the social, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional areas of his life
d. all of the above

Which of the following is NOT a modifiable risk factor for chronic disease?
a. Smoking
b. physical inactivity
c. obesity
d. age

Some chronic diseases are called “diseases of choice” because…
a. they are more desirable than other types of disease
b. the choices we make partly determines our risk for the disease
c. they are communicable diseases
d. nobody chooses to get a certain disease

One thing you could do to enhance compliance with chosen health behaviors would be to…
a. compare yourself with others so you know how much progress you have made
b. set extremely difficult goals so that you will work harder at achieving them
c. choose only one type of activity so that you can focus on it and become really skilled at it
d. explore new activities to help you determine what you like to do

What am I doing STUDYING for this??!! Oh, my Gadsden Purchase!

1 comment:

BarbarianPhilosohper said...

Whenever I read of problems with public schools (a common occurrence) I shake my head and repeat these words:

"Homeschool people, homeschool"